Monthly Archives: March 2018

Longtime NBA exec Stu Jackson to leave post, Rod Thorn returns to league office

Longtime NBA exec Stu Jackson to leave post, Rod Thorn returns to league office

NBA Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Stu Jackson will be leaving the league after more than 13 years, commissioner David Stern announced Wednesday. Jackson will be replaced by veteran league and team executive Rod Thorn, who will assume the title of President of Basketball Operations on August 1.

 

“Stu has made enormous contributions to the NBA over the past 13 years,” Stern said. “He informed (Stern and several other league officials) some months ago that after a long and distinguished career at the league, he felt that this was the appropriate time to step down. We thank Stu for a job very well done, including assisting with the transition to Rod, and wish him the best in his future endeavors.”

 

Jackson was in charge of all oncourt and international basketball operations, including game rules, conduct, discipline and analytics. He also served as chairman of the NBA Competition Committee and on FIBA’s Competition Commission and USA Basketball’s Board of Directors.

 

“The NBA has given me an extraordinary opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in sports and I am extremely proud to be associated with the remarkable global growth of the league, which couldn’t be in better hands with Rod coming in to lead Basketball Operations,” Jackson said in a statement. “I’m looking forward to applying my NBA experience as I move onto my next challenge.”

 

Jackson has been in college or pro basketball for over 30 years. Prior to coming to the NBA, he also served as as head coach of the New York Knicks, was President and General Manager of the Vancouver Grizzlies, head coach at the University of Wisconsin, and assistant coach at Providence College, Washington State and the University of Oregon.

 

Thorn, meanwhile, returns to the league office, where he previously spent 10 seasons as President of Basketball Operations, after executive stints with New Jersey and, most recently, Philadelphia. He also served earlier in his career with the Chicago Bulls.

Li-Ning Basketball Sponsor Indonesia

Li-Ning Basketball Sponsor Indonesia

Li-Ning’s enthusiasm in supporting sport in Indonesia apparently not kidding. This time, the China-based company also appreciates to sponsor two basketball teams Indonesia, Satria Muda Britama and Indonesia Warriors.
Both Indonesia’s basketball team got a contract with a duration of 3 years. Previously, Li-Ning enthusiasm seen as sponsoring Indonesian badminton. Not only that, the sport product manufacturers are also sponsors athletes from many different sports such as, Petennis Maric Cilic, pole vaulter Elena Isinbayeva and sprinter Asafa Powell.
According to the Director of the Li-Ning, Mahender Kapoor, signing a new contract with the Indonesian Basketball aims that it is not only sponsoring the sport of badminton, but with also with the other.
“70 per cent for Asia is badminton. Our priority is not just to support badminton, but also other sports. We also sponsor the NBA’s top players, “said Director of Li-Ning, Mahender Kapoor in Jakarta, Tuesday (9/7).
While Andi Kurniawan, as the representative of Indonesia Sport Venture, revealing, in collaboration with Li-Ning, all team apparel will use the product in accordance with the contract clause.
Andi added, that the consideration to working with Li-Ning as a company from the bamboo curtain is a brand that is quite advanced. “For a nominal contract we can not mention, which is obviously the duration of the contract runs for three years,” he replied in the same place. [Cr / bnt]

Milan Reject Samp For Niang

Milan Reject Samp For Niang

AC Milan reported to have rejected a proposal from another Italian club Sampdoria in an attempt to get M’Baye Niang this summer.
Previous word got out that the young French striker will join Bluerchiati in summer more often in order to get a chance to play in the first team.
But the latest news is mentioned M’Baye Niang will remain at San Siro this season going into the squad because of the need for a return to Milan in the Champions Champins through qualifying.

Indonesia Targets Big 3 in the SEABA U-16 Championship

Indonesia Targets Big 3 in the SEABA U-16 Championship

Yogyakarta – Although still blind map of an opposing force, the Indonesian team aiming to qualify for the top three in the championship basketball 2nd South East Asia Basketball Association (SEABA) U-16 Qualifying Championship for Men 2013.

Championships which will be held in Yogyakarta Amongraga GOR began on July 14 to 18 was followed by 5 ASEAN countries: the Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and host Indonesia.

“We still do not know the strength of the opponent, it’s just my guess for the Philippines still remains number one,” said Chairman of the PP PERBASI, Anggito Abhimanyu told reporters after meeting Rich techniques at the Sahid Hotel in Jl Magelang Yogyakarta, Saturday (13/07/2013 ).

According to him, in the same championships in 2011 in Banting, Malaysia, the top three occupied the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia. The top three who escaped from this championship will represent Southeast Asia to follow FIBA Asia Championship U-16 to be held in Tehran, Iran, at the end of September to early October 2013.

“All the power of the same enemy. Seeded Nothing and no one naturalized player. Players are all children grade 3 and grade 1 junior high school,” he said.

Meanwhile, the manager of the basketball team U 16, Christine Gono added U-16 national team was formed after the selection / championships in Surabaya, East Java. A total of 12 players who prepared this is the result of three years of monitoring players started the championship age 14, 15 and 16 years old. Of the 12 players there is one player who suffered an injury that M. Firdhan Maulana, who suffered the injury during practice match in London.

“We believe Indonesia can escape the big three of these championships,” said Christine.

Pique: Fabregas Pursue, MU just a waste of time

Pique: Fabregas Pursue, MU just a waste of time

Barcelona – Manchester United’s efforts to bring Cesc Fabregas called Barcelona defender Gerard Pique will only be in vain. Besides Barca did not want to sell it, Fabregas also want to survive in Catalan.

After the initial bid worth £ 25 million rejected stronghold Barca, MU back to bite the fingers after the second offering which totaled 30 million pounds, also again rejected Los Cules.

26-year-old midfielder became the main prey MU in the transfer market after losing another target such as Thiago Alcantara who choose to Bayern Munich, or Kevin Strootman who join AS Roma.

“United just wasting their time,” said Pique was quoted as saying by The Sun.

“It took a long time for Cesc to realize his dream of returning to the house and he will not give up so easily. This is home, this is the place where his family was, and he was playing with friends nearby.

“He has said to us that he’s happy and he wants to survive,” he added.

Fabregas did previously have committed themselves to survive. While Barcelona has repeatedly expressed no intention to sell it, especially after they lost Thiago.

Mourinho Ask MU To Forget Ronaldo

Mourinho Ask MU To Forget Ronaldo

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has asked Manchester United to forget their desire to bring Real Madrid striker, Cristiano Ronaldo back to Old Trafford this summer. According to him, it’s difficult to achieve that desire.

Players are often addressed this on several occasions CR7 often talked about his desire to fierce competition the Premier League and his former club, Manchester United. MU is used to lure Ronaldo is hoping to return.

However, Mourinho believes, desires Red Devils will collide with Los Blancos decisions that retain Ronaldo “tooth and nail”. And Mourinho believes, a bid of any of the other clubs who are interested in Ronaldo, would be countered by Madrid.

“All I know is, Real Madrid is a club rich. They do not need to sell players. I think, they could confront a variety of offers from other clubs who want to have Ronaldo,” Mourinho said as quoted by Tribal Football.

“I know, Ronaldo loves Manchester United and I know he loves the Premier League. But, I think he will stay.’s Just a feeling, I have no communication with Ronaldo, feeling alone,” said the Portuguese coach. (art)

Soccer Star Pertamina Papua Followed 500 Participants

Soccer Star Pertamina Papua Followed 500 Participants

Pertamina talent Soccer Stars (PSS) of the 500 children aged under 14 and 16 years old, visited the town of Sorong, Papua. Hundreds of children are so excited to undergo the selection PSS held at Field Lanal, Sorong, Friday (05/7) morning.
They will compete for a share of eight players eligible Pertamina Soccer camp in September 2013, in Bandung, West Java. Previously, similar activities successfully conduct talent search in Malang, Balikpapan, Palembang and Makassar.
Not surprisingly, interest in Papua is so high. Because, Papua is known to be one of the best young players central Indonesia and subscriptions in the Indonesian national team squad. Among them, John Auri, Ronny Wabia, Boaz Salossa, Octavian Maniani to Ferinando Pahabol.
“We are very impressed with the seeds of Sorong incredible. Moreover, Pertamina pass many activities here such as marketing and exploration. Zest and zeal very large Papuan children to realize their ideals in the event Pertamina Soccer Star this time. Moreover, There are 5 young children who took part, “said Nugroho Saptiadi HR, Marketing Operations Manager Region VIII, Papua, on the Ground Lanal, Sorong.
“Having netted eight representatives of young footballers who qualify in the screening Sorong, will be gathered with representatives from other areas such as Malang, Balikpapan, Palembang and Jakarta to 48 players. From a total of 48 players, will be screened again to 24 players to be trained at Pertamina soccer, “said Saptiadi.
On this occasion, continued, also followed Julius Josel Omkarsba and Valen Maryar participants join Pertamina Soccer School in 2012. Details Soccer Star Pertamina filtering with a total of 500 participants, will be back netted 180 participants. Then continued filtered to 140. Furthermore, before the end of the screening with a total of eight players who will be brought to London, 40 participants will first show of skill.
“Not just a football school to prepare children who will qualify. But we will also prepare a formal school. We do not want to, just good at football but weak in formal education. Scholarships untu We will prepare them for three years,” said Saptiadi.
When training camp in Bandung 48 players will be coached by Pertamina Soccer School coaches comprising AC Milan Academy of local origin and the State University of Jakarta. In 2012, Pertamina Indonesia All Stars Team Challenge Team won the Milan Day Intessa San Paulo in Italy.
Indonesia became the first country which had won three times in a row winner. Additionally, two players from the selection held Pertamina entered in the U-14 national team in 2012 that Handika Bayangkara and Aziz. Arie as well as Sandy and M Alfian A squad took part into the National Student Team in Thailand.

The words “football club”, which is eliminated in 1998, the plan will be displayed back to the United badge.

The words “football club”, which is eliminated in 1998, the plan will be displayed back to the United badge.

Manchester United’s executive vice chairman, Ed Woodward, is considering to do a little modification to the club’s official emblem.

The words “football club”, which is removed in 1998 because of changes in the image, the plan will be re-listed. The omission of the article and a half decades ago is fairly controversial and invite anger most Red Devils supporters.

Woodward himself admitted he did not like the change and ready to show again “football club” to the United badge.

“I do not like the turn the badge. [Joint-chairman] Joel [Glazer] also did not like the change. We will examine and consider about it,” he told the British media on Sunday (21/7) this.

“We are a football club, not a business.”

“I have explained to our staff that we are a 135-year old club and that is that you must remember. We are a football club, a club [club] with a capital C.”

“And those who are bound in the inside there is a commercial business that will finance the purchase of a lot of players forward and we should be supportive of them.”

“We have to make sure these two elements go together but not mutually affect each other and that’s where we try to balance it.”

Official Fulham Purchased Entrepreneur USA

Official Fulham Purchased Entrepreneur USA

Majority shareholder of the Formula One Group, CVC, choose to “watch and wait” bribery-related cases being attacked President and CEO of F1, Bernie Ecclestone.

Previously, German prosecutors indict Ecclestone bribery. The charges relate to the payment of 44 million U.S. dollars to a German banker, Gerhard Gribkowsky, from Bayern Landesbank (BayernLB) related to the sale of shares of Formula 1. Ecclestone party has six weeks to respond, since the indictment was launched last week.

Last week also, CVC issued a formal statement will monitor this case. This week, the source of the CVC told the Daily Telegraph that they support the 82-year-old British entrepreneur is.

Shahid Khan, a U.S. businessman of Pakistani origin, has completed the purchase of Premier League club Fulham from Mohamed Al Fayed who has had it for 16 years.

This purchase makes Khan a U.S. businessman who has a sixth Premier League club. 62 years old man of Pakistani descent is a successful businessman auto parts in Uncle Sam who also have American football club Jacksonville Jaguars since 2011.

“Fulham is a great club and came at the right time for me,” Khan said via the club’s official website.

“I want to clarify, I do not see myself as the owner of Fulham, but rather as representing the club guard fans.”

“My priority is to make sure the club and Craven Cottage has a bright future in the Premier League by the fans to be proud of in the past as well as future generations.”

“We will deal with the club’s financial and operational careful and attentive, and looked at the development of young players as well as community programs as an important element for the future of Fulham.”

Perez: CR7 Will Retire in Madrid

Perez: CR7 Will Retire in Madrid

Real Madrid president Florentino Perez reiterated his club’s stance on the situation Cristiano Ronaldo. Perez said that Ronaldo will not be sold and will end his career at Real Madrid.
Ronaldo kept the subject of transfer speculation because of his contract situation. Ronaldo’s contract will expire in 2015 but did not want to put a signature on a new contract despite the club already handed.
Some wealthy clubs had quietly peek Ronaldo situation in the hope of getting the superstar. PSG and Manchester United touted as a major interest in Ronaldo.
“Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player the world and Real Madrid really count on him. I can confirm that here was the one he will end his career. In addition, we also have not received any offers for him, “said Perez told L’Equipe.
PSG president Nasser Al Khelaifi had said that he had dreams of buying Ronaldo. But if he wants to realize that dream, he would do it the right way.